Midsomer Murders


                 To say I like mysteries would be an understatement.  I am always on the lookout for a new-to-me series.  Not even necessarily a series.  It can be a stand alone.  Midsomer Murders is a mystery series I discovered that I absolutely adore.  I eagerly anticipate every disc that arrives.            
                Midsomer is a fictional county in England.  At first glance one would think it is a quiet and sleepy community.  When looked at a little closer, it is clear Midsomer is anything but.  There are numerous secrets among the residents waiting to be uncovered.  Affairs, blackmail, spying, and the growing of illegal plants are just some of the goings-on in this county.  Then there are the murders.  There is not a shortage of murders.
                Detective Chief Inspector Tom Barnaby is the one given the task of unraveling what is really going on in Midsomer and who committed the murder.  He is accompanied by Sergeant Troy, a man who is young, and eager to be helpful, but his theories can be quite outlandish at times.  DCI Barnaby loves to tease Sgt. Troy, especially about his driving, and make him do the not so pleasant tasks of the job.  He uses his calm, patience, and charm when questioning and rarely gets angry.  When he is not on the job, DCI Barnaby spends a great deal of time with his wife and daughter who sometimes help him realize a key piece of the puzzle.             
                I will be honest, I big part of why I love this series is I think Sgt. Troy is really cute.  He tries so hard, and while he does occasionally say some objectionable things I do not agree with, it is clear he takes his job seriously and means well.  Often he just makes me smile.  Another thing I like is the relationship between DCI Barnaby and his family.  It is really sweet and nice to see a man love his wife and daughter so much.  The rest of the characters are a riot.  They create so many twists and turns it can be hard to keep track of who is doing what!  Each episode makes a very pleasurable evening.
               

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Doctor Blake Mysteries

Blue Murder

The Brokenwood Mysteries