Travel Channel


            Either two or three years ago, my cable provider decided to take Travel Channel away from me.  I was not happy.  But despite my disappointment, I knew I would survive.  Through the years, every once in awhile I would look at the TV listings and something from this channel would catch my eye.  Sadly I would remind myself that I could not watch the show and move on to what else was listed.
Now I do not have this problem.  Because Travel Channel is back!  I knew I missed this channel, but I cannot believe how much I did until it was returned to me.  Since I am able to watch again, I do not have any idea how many hours of Ghost Adventures and Mysteries at the Museum I have watched.  It is probably a lot more than I should ever admit.  In my defense, both shows offer a lot to learn.  Of course Mysteries at the Museum is pretty much a show of solid information as it discusses different items in museums, but it is given out in an interesting way.  I cannot quite say the same for Ghost Adventures.  The three guys on that show (Zak Bagans, Nick Groff, and Aaron Goodwin) do get a bit goofy as they look for ghosts, but they have calmed down since I last watched them.  Another thing I have noticed is they spend more time on the history of a location and in the area around it than I remember before.  This makes the show much more informational and interesting to me.
                While Ghost Adventures and Mysteries at the Museum are the two shows I have seen the most, there are others I have watched as well.  Monumental Mysteries is similar to Mysteries at the Museum except its topics are about events that happened.  I have also watched a couple episodes of Fandemonium.  Host Adam Richman wanders around and finds super fans of, well, just about anything, and explores how they show their enthusiasm.  Mostly this is shown through food.  One of the episodes featured Milwaukee’s Miller Park, home to the Milwaukee Brewers.  It is very well known for tailgating, which is what the show was going to feature.  I wanted to see how Milwaukee was going to be portrayed, as I have come across many that do not show Milwaukee in a positive light.  For the most part Fandemonium did a really good job.  They showed that our tailgating and Brewer spirit, which some may find odd, is actually endearing and shows a pride in our city and team that not everyone can claim.
                Another show I have seen, which I will admit I only saw part of, is Hotel Impossible.  Anthony Melchiorri comes into struggling hotels and helps them get back on their feet.  One episode dealt with a hotel in Wisconsin.  I wanted to see how it turned out, and I was able to see that.  Unfortunately I missed the beginning so I have to look out for the rerun.  In the meantime, I have seen pieces of other episodes, and let me tell you, some of these places really need help.
There are so many shows on Travel Channel I could watch and they are about all sorts of topics.  I will admit I am not particularly interested in the ones that have to do with either weird food or gorging on food.  But I do not have to worry about these shows too much as there is plenty else for me to watch.  No matter what show I turn on, I find it interesting to learn about the location where the show is being filmed.  It lets me find and discover new places I want to go and will someday be able to explore.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Doctor Blake Mysteries

Blue Murder

The Brokenwood Mysteries