Sundays with Hitch on TCM


                Alfred Hitchcock is my favorite director of all time.  Tim Burton comes in a close second, and I mean extremely close, but Mr. Hitchcock takes the prize.  Now every Sunday in September Turner Classic Movies is airing a day of Hitchcock movies.  As I am not exactly a football person, which takes up a lot of the channels on Sundays, this day of great films is fantastic for me.       
                While I own quite a few Hitchcock movies, there are so many I have never seen, or even heard of.  These Sundays let me see so many films that I may never be exposed to otherwise.  Last Sunday alone I watched one movie I had never seen (The Wrong Man), and three I did not know even existed (Stage Fright, I Confess, and Foreign Correspondent).  Some I liked better than others, but I was thrilled to experience them all.
                As much as I enjoy watching the films, they are not the only thing I look forward to.  Before and after each film either Ben Mankiewicz or Robert Osborne tells the audience little bits of trivia.  It can be about the director, an actor, or the film itself.  No matter what the information is about, I believe it really adds to the experience of the movie.  I may be alone in this feeling, but I think the behind the scenes knowledge is fascinating.
                Something I find really interesting about Sundays with Hitch is the lineup. The well known classics are usually towards the end of the night. Both Psycho and North by Northwest were shown after 9 p.m. central time. I am not fully sure why. Maybe TCM is trying to give the lesser known films more exposure. Or they could be using these films to lead up to the big event. In the end I do not care what the reason. I am too busy spending a day with my favorite director.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Doctor Blake Mysteries

Blue Murder

The Brokenwood Mysteries