Coloring

                 I don’t know about you, but I don’t sit still well.  When I’m waiting for someone or something I’m fine, but if all I’m doing is watching TV, then I start to get fidgety.  It takes very little time before I feel the need to do something constructive instead of just staring at a screen.  A lot of times I take out different types of puzzles and do those, but sometimes that is not what I feel like doing.  I want to do something more creative than logical.  It is at these moments that I choose to color.
                Coloring is a great way for me to be creative without having to think too much about it.  If I choose a color I’m not happy with or I get outside the lines, it’s not the end of the world.  I’m coloring for my own enjoyment, not trying to create a work of art.  If something happens I don’t particularly like, I can easily move on without thinking too much about it.
                I’m not saying that when I color I do it without any thought.  Time is taken to consider what color I would like to use.  I also use different techniques with the images.  Some get a flat color while others will get shading.  On one image I’ll play with color blending and on another I will experiment with the effect of complimentary colors.  I do whatever I feel like doing at the moment and see how it turns out in the end. 
               There are all sorts of books you can find for coloring. Some are basic and may be considered only meant for children. I say, “Who cares?” If it looks like fun, go for it. Other books are far more detailed. These are often found at art stores. This is the type of coloring book I am working on now. The images are so detailed and numerous that it can take me days to finish one page. 
               It doesn't matter much to me which type of book I work on. I am perfectly happy working on either one, although I will admit I do like the challenge of the more detailed. Then there are times where I don’t want that much challenge, which makes having two options available a great thing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Doctor Blake Mysteries

Blue Murder

The Brokenwood Mysteries