Murder She Wrote

                   Laugh at me all you want.  People have before.  I am here to admit that Murder She Wrote is one of my favorite television shows of all time.  It began airing in the 1980s and ended quite some time ago.  As I am unable to find the show on reruns, I watch the DVDs.  Although I would think I have seen all the episodes by now, some multiple times, once in awhile one I have not seen pops up on a disc.  This is always a pleasant surprise.  In any case, new to me or not, I always enjoy watching.               
                The series stars Angela Lansbury as mystery writer Jessica Fletcher.  She lives in the town of Cabot Cove, Maine but travels extensively both for business and to visit friends and family.  While this in theory is very nice, there is one glitch.  Everywhere Mrs. Fletcher goes a murder occurs.  No matter how hard the case seems, or how vague the clues, Mrs. Fletcher solves the mystery every time.
                What I like about this show is there is a good mystery every episode without a lot of blood and gore.  The body is usually hardly seen and you know the bad person is going to get caught in the end.  Each mystery is able to be figured out by the viewer, but they are not so easy that it is not worth watching.  There is a nice balance.
                Something that is really interesting about this series is the guest stars.  So many known people were on this show.  Some are even bigger stars today and it is funny to see them so young.  Others are older who died long ago.  But either way, it shows that being on Murder She Wrote was a great place to be.
 

Comments

Vivianna said…
I used to watch this show with my mom when I was a little girl. I'm not sure if this was the only "watchable" thing on or if there wasn't anything else on at all, but I did watch it.
One of my favorites? Nah, but I can't blame you for liking it, I used to watch Dukes of Hazard after all, and seeing old reruns of that, wow - why did I watch that???

Popular posts from this blog

The Doctor Blake Mysteries

Blue Murder

The Brokenwood Mysteries