Bedknobs and Broomsticks

               This is a movie I have watched and enjoyed since I was a child.  When I opened up Katie’s movie binder that she lent me, I was thrilled to see the disc in one of the sleeves.  Of course I had to watch.  How could I resist, especially since I have not seen the whole thing in years.  
                Angela Lansbury is Miss Price, a woman learning to be a witch through classes by mail.  Set in the beginning of World War II, Miss Price reluctantly takes in three children evacuated from London.  When her classes are suddenly canceled, Miss Price becomes determined to find her professor and get the final lesson.  They do this by traveling on a disappearing bed.  Finding the professor is just the first adventure.  After this they travel to under the sea, play soccer with animals, and set suits of armor to life.  I love the suits of armor.  The mix of cartoon and live action is done well, especially considering how long ago this movie was made.
                Now that I am older and watching this movie, there are so many more things I notice.  I never knew how much World War II was part of the plot.  It is the whole reason Miss Price is learning to be a witch.  Recognizing these details now makes this movie even more interesting.  I wonder what I will notice next time I watch.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Doctor Blake Mysteries

Blue Murder

The Brokenwood Mysteries