Supernatural

              I am one of those people that find is difficult to just sit and watch television.  No matter what is on, it is rare when I am not doing something else at the same time.  That is not the case with Supernatural.  I have to sit and watch.  When I try and do something else, I usually find myself drifting to the show and not what I am doing.  This is very frustrating, but I have to watch Dean!
                My brother suggested this show to me awhile back, but it was my friend Jen who really pushed me to start watching.  Now, I have this thing where I do not like to start in the middle of a series.  Books I am most strict on this, but I figured I should start at the beginning with this show as well.  I began to get the series through the mail, and even though I have only seen four discs of the first season, I am hooked.  Being honest, I will say I was not sure how I felt about the series after the first DVD.  I did not really warm up to the characters, but that all changed with the second disc.  That is where the personalities and humor began coming out.  Now there is not any turning back.
                The main characters are Sam and Dean.  They are two brothers who hunt supernatural entities as they look for their missing father.  Their mother was killed mysteriously when Dean was a young child and Sam a baby.  They spent their lives traveling with their father until they went their separate ways as adults.  Sam goes to school and Dean continues in the family “business”.  After their father disappears, Dean comes to get Sam.  Sam is not overjoyed with the thought of returning to his old life, but after his girlfriend is killed in the same way as his mother, he changes his mind.
                I will admit I like Dean a lot more than Sam.  As I said before, when Dean is on screen, I have to watch him.  He is funny and has great one liners.  Plus I like how there is such intensity hidden behind his laid back attitude.  It makes him really interesting.  So yes, I am crazy about Dean.  This is not to say Sam is bad.  He is nice.  At moments he has some funny lines as well.  Plus he is imperative in conquering the beings they fight.  What they do is definitely a team effort.
                Seeing as I just returned the fourth disc, I have to wait a bit for the next.  This is my own doing.  I spread them out and get other movies and shows in between.  I do not want to ruin all my fun right away.  So I will enjoy the other things I watch, and wait anxiously for Supernatural to come again.

Comments

Jen said…
HA! I'm a bit behind in my blog reading but man, I'm glad you're hooked! I too am all about Dean. Nothing wrong with Sam but Dean's where it's at!

Popular posts from this blog

The Doctor Blake Mysteries

Blue Murder

The Brokenwood Mysteries