Tony Awards

               Even though it has been a bit since I was fully involved in the theatre, I like keeping up and knowing what is going on in the theatre world.  The biggest way I do this is by watching the Tony Awards.  During the awards, scenes from the nominated musicals are performed.  I am always excited to view these scenes because I want to know if there is one I want to go see once they go on tour as I have yet to make it to Broadway.  Also shown are bits from the nominated plays.
                Then there is the host.  I have seen Neil Patrick Harris perform the hosting duty twice now.  He does a wonderful job.  The show keeps moving with very infrequent uncomfortable lulls, and those usually only happen when he has given up the microphone.  He is funny and keeps the audience entertained the entire time.  I hope to see him host again.
                What is fascinating to me is how many movie and television actors have taken to the stage.  It is really encouraging to see such support and enthusiasm for stage work.  I hope this continues to happen and I look forward to next year’s Tony Awards.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Doctor Blake Mysteries

Blue Murder

The Brokenwood Mysteries