Radio Roland Garros

                   The 2011 French Open has ended.  I was very sad with the men’s result as I wanted my favorite player to win.  He did very well, and I am thrilled, but I am still sad as he was so close to the title.  Despite this, there is a lot to cheer about from these last two weeks.  My favorite player got to the finals, fighting and playing beautiful tennis along the way.  The player second on my favorite list came back from injury to make it to the third round.  I am excited to see his ranking continue to improve after being out for nearly all of last year.  Records were tied on the men’s side, and history was made when the first Grand Slam singles title for China was won during the women’s final.
                During the two weeks, the television broadcast often started hours after the matches began.  Instead of waiting, I turned to Radio Roland Garros on my computer.  This way I was still able to follow my most anticipated matches in live time.  While I started listening just so I could follow the matches, I found I really enjoyed the commentators.  They were nice to listen to.  There was a good combination between discussing points of interest and description of the match on the court.  The commentators were funny and could be critical without being snarky.  Nearly every person on the radio I liked.  Even when I came upon one I was not particularly fond of, it was not tragic and I did not feel the need to turn the radio off.  Putting the radio with the SlamTracker, which tracks each and every point, was a great combination.  It let me enjoy the matches I could not watch.  I will have to remember this for next year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Doctor Blake Mysteries

Blue Murder

The Brokenwood Mysteries