Someone Like You

                 While this film did catch my eye when I first flipped through Katie’s movie binder, it was one of the last ones I watched.  I am not sure why, but I wanted to make sure I saw it before the binder was returned.  It stars two actors I like, Ashley Judd and Hugh Jackman.  Actually Mr. Jackman would have been enough of a reason to watch the movie.
                 Ashley Judd plays Jane, a woman who believes she has met the man for her.  The relationship happens quickly, and even though he already has a girlfriend, they begin to look for an apartment together.  Once this happens, it does not take long for the man to become distant.  In a very short amount of time, Jane goes from happy and in love to without a boyfriend or a place to live.  In comes Eddie, portrayed by Hugh Jackman.  In normal circumstances, Jane wants very little to do with Eddie.  He is always dating a different woman and she does not exactly approve of his lifestyle.  Eddie is, however, looking for a roommate.  I think you can see where this is going.  In the meantime Jane begins to write articles about men and cows under a pen name.  The articles are a hit and everyone wants to meet the author.  It is up to her as to whether or not she will reveal the author’s true identity.
                This is a cute movie.  Ashley Judd gets a bit whiney at times, but for the most part everything works well.  Even if it did not, there is still Hugh Jackman.  Enough said.

Comments

Vivianna said…
I thought this was a good surprise movie, meaning, I didn't know what to expect and it ended up being pretty cute. You're right - Hugh Jackman is enough reason for me to watch any movie he's in.
You should check out "Australia". It's a terrible movie BUT there is a shirtless, wet Jackman scene that is a visual feast! : )

Popular posts from this blog

The Doctor Blake Mysteries

Blue Murder

The Brokenwood Mysteries